Softball 2008... The girls had fun and I am glad they love it because it was NOT a great season. They were 0-13 and the coaching left much to be desired. David and another Dad tried to step up and help but the help was not wanted. She preferred to play "upset the fruit basket" every inning instead of letting the girls get comfortable with a certain position. It is sad because this is Mallory's last year of Rec ball. (she was at camp the week of pictures so she isn't included here) There were alot of girls on the team that their "give-a-shitters" were not active......a lot of screw-balling around. And I really don't like when they screw up and the parents are like "good try" and other positive reinforcement. They are not 5...it wasn't a good try...quit patting them on the back. And at this age-TOO OLD to be waving to the crowd for attention!! I guess David and I are just too serious for this type of thing!!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Softball 2008... The girls had fun and I am glad they love it because it was NOT a great season. They were 0-13 and the coaching left much to be desired. David and another Dad tried to step up and help but the help was not wanted. She preferred to play "upset the fruit basket" every inning instead of letting the girls get comfortable with a certain position. It is sad because this is Mallory's last year of Rec ball. (she was at camp the week of pictures so she isn't included here) There were alot of girls on the team that their "give-a-shitters" were not active......a lot of screw-balling around. And I really don't like when they screw up and the parents are like "good try" and other positive reinforcement. They are not 5...it wasn't a good try...quit patting them on the back. And at this age-TOO OLD to be waving to the crowd for attention!! I guess David and I are just too serious for this type of thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree. I think children should be told when they are not giving their best effort. So they can either give thier best or not play. That may sound a little harsh. But to many children are being coddled..
Wow! Your children are so big! You are so into sports that is amazing! You look great! It is so awesome to connect with you through facebook!
Post a Comment